Monday, December 13, 2004

The Wire (R.I.P Stringer Bell)

I took my standard sunday night study break to watch tonight's episode of HBO's 'The Wire'. It would have been a better study break if I had actually gotten any real work done before midnight but that's another story. I'm a huge fan of the storytelling on this show and of the writers' willingness to take chances like killing off popular characters. Their willingness to make strong statements about the futility of the war on drugs and honestly depict the politics inherent in law enforcement don't hurt either. That said, I will miss Idris Elba as Stringer Bell.
Favourite moment of this episode: The opening scene where Omar and Brother Mouzone have a western style face-off. The dialogue and chemistry between the two characters was perfect.
I hope there will be a season four. Television needs more shows like this.

No comments: