Thursday, February 10, 2005

I'm smart!

I just had an interview today for the job of assistant Linux network admin for a lab in the neuroscience department. Thankfully it went great. At least I assume so from the fact that the interview lasted almost an hour and a half. They asked me a lot of questions covering a wide range of possible issues and I think I came up with good answers. I knecw some things which they didn't, which felt great. I hope i get it. The money would be great, I'd love the experience and I might be able to talk them into giving me free staff parking.

I'm a little conflicted when it comes to their experimentation on animals though. Don't get me wrong, I realise the necessity of that kind of research. I also realise that this is not the only way people use animals for our purposes. At the same time there's a part of me that hates to watch another living thing suffer. Considering the fact that I like meat, this does make me seem hypocritical, I know. Something else to deal with.

No comments: