Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I'm Home!

Ladies and Gentlemen, your favourite Ghanaian (or at least one of them) is back home now. And by home I do mean Ghana. (basic info here for those of you who may be unaware of the country)

To head off the question, its not permanent. Its for a couple of months. I'm taking a long needed break from academia to return to the land of hot weather, pretty women, interesting politics and crazy drivers.

Its great being back so far. A lot has changed and yet a lot hasn't. Sometimes what I see fills me with hope about our future and sometimes it makes me grit my teeth in frustration.

Thankfully though, I have a camera and a keyboard, and I’m arrogant enough to believe that people will be interested in what I do with them. Therefore you guys get to go on at least part of this journey with me. Having grown up here and yet having been away for so long means that I’m in an interesting position where its all familiar and yet slightly alien at the same time.

I hope you enjoy the ride as much as I will.

(PS. I’ll still be writing for Prep Time Posse though. Whole continents cannot contain the geekery!)

3 comments:

nii adom said...

Chaley Akuaba,

Definitely looking forward to reading your thoughts about the state of Ghana with respect to technology.

Will you be 'flickring' your pics ?

Kwasi said...

Thanks Nii,

What I've seen so far is interesting. Plus I'll be going to AITEC, passing by the Kofi Annan ICT center and probably going to Accra LUG meetings so I'll have a bit to say about technology

And, I will be putting my pictures under flickr

sume said...

I hope you have a wonderful time while you're at home. I look forward to the photos!