Monday, June 27, 2005

Summer preview

I've been having a wierd case of writer's block recently. One single post has been taking me almost a week to get out. I suspect this is because of the emotions attached to the parts of my past I'll be exploring. To try and get out of it, I'm just going to set myself a schedule and make sure I spend at least half an hour a day doing nothing but blogging. That means I need topics. I plan to do this for at least a week so lets assume a minimum of 7, maybe more. Depending on how this goes, I might just stick to a regular daily schedule.

Anyway, the topics you will be reading about this week include:

Martial arts
For something that has been (and is rapidly becoming again) a large part of my life, I'm very hesitant to talk about it in public. This is actually the post that caused my writers block. Hopefully being open about it here will help deal with its associated demons from my past. Plus, a large chunk of my active readership are people who have so much more experience than I do. I need to pick their minds more.

Family
My parents are in town and as usual, it is proving interesting. They just recently started treating me as an adult, which is so incredibly wierd and gratifying all at once. My father will be here for a week where I will have a flexible enough schedule to spend most of it with him. I expect that there will be some passing off fatherly advice over dark beer.

Book Review
I just finished reading Minister Faust's "The Coyote Kings of the Space-Age Bachelor Pad". Actually, I finished it almost a week ago. Loved it. Geeky and bohemian. I'll definitly be looking forward to his next book.

Sexuality
Another topic I'm learning to be more open about. I don't know where this one will go. I'm open to questions or suggestions though

The workout plan
This has seen some changes, and will probably see more as I learn more about my body and exercise science in general. I'll just outline my fitness/dietary goals and where I am now.

I'll probably come up with more stuff. I can usually find something to talk about. All questions and suggestions are appreciated. Help me help myself people.

No comments: